Buying family car

Hello and greetings from Portugal.
Need advice on buying a "new" used car for the family. I have 3 kids, (15,13 and 3 years old), so it need's to have inside space for 5 and a large boot, only do between 7 to 12 thousand miles/year (Diesel out of the question?) majority of them in the city runs, it has to be reliable and cheap to run, my budget is 10000 pounds.
Thank you in advance.

Asked on 6 May 2016 by Cerb3rus

The new FIAT Tipo saloon and Hatchback have been selling in Spain and Portugal for €10,995, which is under your budget: www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/fiat/fiat-tipo-201.../ (I didn't cover the saloon because it will not be sold in the UK.)