Buying a used BMW X3 - any known issues?

I have the option of buying my company car - a BMW X3 2.0 diesel automatic for approx £20k. I have been extremely pleased with the car and it has been 100% reliable to date. I would intend to keep it for a further 3-4 years but would like to know if there any specific reliability issues that I should consider before deciding to purchase it? It will have done approx 40k miles.

Asked on 31 March 2016 by Stephen from Yate

See: www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/bmw/x3-f25-2010/?sec.../ And also cross reference the BMW 3-Series E90 and F30 entries.
Tags: reliability