New engine on 2015 Skoda Superb?

I'm considering buying a used Skoda Superb from a car supermarket. It is a 2015 model 2.0 TDI SE, with 12k miles on the clock.

I have a couple of questions:

1. I understand that a new engine was brought out shortly after the release of this vehicle, which has 150PS rather than the 140PS in this case. Is the new engine significantly better, or is this one generally okay?

2. Do you think this vehicle represents reasonable value for money at £14,999?

Asked on 7 March 2016 by Jed123

The 2015 Superb 2.0TDI was always EA288 150PS: www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/skoda/skoda-superb.../ The old model Superb 2.0TDI had the old EA189 140PS 2.0TDI. If it's the old shape it isn't worth £14,999.