Need a spacious family car - Skoda Superb or Kia Optima?

I've currently got a 2014 Citroen C4 Picasso which I love for the spacious interior but it has proven unreliable, with five major mechanical issues in the past two years.

I've been looking at the Kia Optima for a long warranty, and a Skoda Superb because everyone tells me Skodas are reliable. Which is better and are there any other options I should be considering?

It will be the main family car and used for occasional trips to France, so luggage space is a top priority, alongside reliability and a spacious cabin. Budget is up to £15k and it must have an automatic gearbox.

Asked on 26 September 2020 by Ruth Grint

The Skoda Superb and the Kia Optima are both very good large family cars. However, as a second-hand £15k purchase, I'd probably go with the Kia.

The Optima is comfortable, easy to drive and very well-equipped as standard. It's also backed by a huge seven-year-warranty, which provides added peace of mind when it comes to reliability.

Your budget should get you a Kia Optima that's two or three years old: www.honestjohn.co.uk/cars-for-sale/search/Kia/Opti...c