Why is my A5 so difficult to drive?

My Audi A5 Cabriolet 2.0 TFSI S-Line Special Edition is 16 months old and has 6500 miles on the clock. It has 19-inch alloys and low profile 255/35 ZR19 Continental Contisport Contact 5P tyres. In the last few months it has become very difficult to drive.

On anything other than smooth, straight roads, the cars front wheels have a mind of their own. Bumps, road repairs, cambers and even white lines cause the nose to wander alarmingly and without warning, while the steering wheel bucks and moves in your hands.

I took it to my Audi dealer who said there was nothing wrong other than the steering was slightly out and they adjusted it. Since they did this nothing has changed. What can I do?

Asked on 29 January 2016 by Dave

Get rid of the stupid 19-wheels and even more inappropriate 35 profile tyres and replace them with 16 or 17-inch wheels with more sensible profile tyres (www.tyremen.co.uk). Cost you £350-£400 for the wheels plus about the same for the tyres. Then get a proper four way laser alignment (www.alignmycar.co.uk). Then disclose the change of wheels and tyres to your insurer.