Which small, fun city car do you recommend?

My chairman at work suggested you might be able to give me some good advice on buying a car. I’d like to buy a small, economical car and have a budget of £8000. I live in central London so don’t drive anywhere very fast. I’d like something reliable but not boring. Any recommendations on the best car for a twenty-something girl about town would be most appreciated.

The Citroen C1, Peugeot 108 and Toyota Aygo are all now under 100g/km CO2, so are both tax-free and Congestion Charge-exempt. For a bit more fun, you might be able to find a used Fiat 500 TwinAir within budget which is also under 100g/km CO2, so also tax-free and Congestion Charge exempt.