Ask a Question

My father has lied to a court in order to take speeding points for his son - what should I do?

My brother was caught speeding by about 10mph over the limit. He is a new driver, so our Dad took the fine and points for him and our Dad lied to the judge, saying it was him that was speeding not my brother. What can I do to get my brother to take the points and fine?

Asked on by

Your brother and father have committed an extremely serious offence. The offence of being over the limit by 10mph was trivial, but by lying to the court, they have perverted the course of justice. If found guilty of this offence, your father could end up with a prison sentence - three months is typical. You should think carefully before intervening.
Similar questions
I purchased a car in May 2010 from a private seller. I conducted various checks including HPI and all came back positive, matching the info the vendor supplied. After about three months the police recovered...
Do the police take car crime as a serious problem? I've just had my van broken into twice in the space of a month, actual damage to repair £2000.The police don't even take fingerprints. Nothing was stolen...
Whilst returning from our holiday and driving to Calais, we noticed that a car with just one headlight working had been following us for about 60 miles. For the next 20 miles or so, it started to tailgate....

Ask Honest John

Value my car