Good value petrol all-wheel drive SUV - what should I buy?

I want to buy an automatic petrol SUV all-wheel drive for my daughter and two small children and a very large dog. I hope to do this for under £20,000. What would you recommend in terms of reliability and value for money?

Asked on 24 January 2022 by Cathryn

Answered by Russell Campbell
I'd recommend the old version of the Toyota RAV4. It's available with four-wheel drive and an automatic gearbox. Combined, these would usually be a recipe for terrible fuel economy but the RAV4 is available as a petrol-electric hybrid that is surprisingly frugal for a big SUV.

And it is big. The RAV4's boot is massive and there's plenty of room inside for four adults. Your budget will get you a 2016 car with 60,000 miles on the clock. Click the link below for our full review:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/toyota/rav-4-2018/