Should I go for a petrol or diesel Land Rover?
I currently own a 2009 Range Rover Sport diesel and I'm looking to acquire a new Land Rover Discovery Sport. I'm not sure whether to go for diesel or petrol. Diesel has much more to offer in relation to fuel consumption but, with the demonising of diesels by the government, would a petrol version be a better buy?

Asked on 12 September 2017 by Malcolm Scott

Depends what you want to do with it. If you will be towing a lot or doing a high mileage of 20,000 or more a year, probably diesel. If not, petrol, either the new Ingenium 240PS or 290PS, and make sure you order a spare wheel.

Our Fuel Cost Calculator shows you which will be the best choice for you. Compare the running costs of petrol, diesel and electric cars to make the right choice for you.
The best-driving Land Rover, still very capable off road, TDV8 is strong and smooth, 3.0 TDV6 a genuinely sporty decent drive with excellent steering.
Refined and comfortable. 2.0 Ingenium diesel engine is excellent. Highly capable off-road. 2.0 ingenium petrol engines with 340 or 400Nm torque can pull 2,500kg.

£155.08

;