Do you want the Road Tax system to change? Do you have thoughts on the potential changes to the Road Tax system? | No thanks

Liquifated

My stepson gave his car to a dealership to sell on his behalf, they have sold it and now have gone into receivership and so he’s not got any cash or car. Is there anything he can do to recoup his money?

Asked on 5 December 2009 by

Wasn't theirs to sell, so cannot be considered to have been an asset of the garage. Contact the receiver and tell them the car was not an asset of the garage, therefore either the car or the proceeds from the sale of it have been STOLEN from your son. It's not a civil matter, it is theft, and if the money is not forthcoming you will involve the police and take criminal action against the receivers.