Are pre-registered cars a good buy?

I'm looking to buy a new Volvo XC40 hybrid and there's one advertised with only 11 miles only, registered in 2020. Should I worry about it standing around for many months? Do I need to ask the garage to undertake any work, or should I avoid it? The price is attractive!

Asked on 19 January 2021 by

Pre-registered cars are a great way of saving money and beating the waiting list. Even brand new cars can spend a great deal of time sitting around (at the port, for example), so it's unlikely that this car will be in any worse condition than a factory order. You might find this page useful: www.honestjohn.co.uk/best-pre-reg-and-nearly-new-c.../