Do you want the Road Tax system to change? Do you have thoughts on the potential changes to the Road Tax system? | No thanks

Do I need to tax my vehicle if I'm not driving right now?

I bought a motorhome and it's being delivered. Do I need to tax it if I don't intend to drive it for 3-4 months?

Asked on 14 January 2021 by Brian Tolley

No – you can declare it as off the road with the DVLA. This is called a 'Statutory Off Road Notification' or 'SORN'. It'll have to be stored off the road, though – even if it's not being driven, you can't park it on the road if it's SORNed. This link should help: www.gov.uk/make-a-sorn
Tags: sorn dvla