Do I need to tax my vehicle if I'm not driving right now?

I bought a motorhome and it's being delivered. Do I need to tax it if I don't intend to drive it for 3-4 months?

Asked on 14 January 2021 by Brian Tolley

Answered by Andrew Brady
No – you can declare it as off the road with the DVLA. This is called a 'Statutory Off Road Notification' or 'SORN'. It'll have to be stored off the road, though – even if it's not being driven, you can't park it on the road if it's SORNed. This link should help:
Tags: sorn dvla
Similar questions
A car was gifted to me in a will, but I don't want it so it's being sold when acquired. Can I drive it on trade plates when uninsured and SORN'd, please?
If you take a car out of long term storage and drive it home to be garaged without tax or SORN, what would happen if the police stopped you? The car is insured.
Can the DVLA legally clamp an untaxed and SORN-less car parked on private land?

Value my car