Why is the road tax on my 2005 car so high?

I want to know why my 2005 Honda Accord has such expensive car tax. Some people pay nothing or very little and I pay a fortune.

Asked on 5 November 2020 by Yitzchok

It comes down to age and emissions. Cars registered from 2001 to 2017 are taxed against CO2 emissions, while newer cars are taxed against a flat rate that increases if the list price exceeds £40,000: www.honestjohn.co.uk/cheap-road-tax/

If you want to cut your road tax VED costs, you'll need to sell your Honda Accord and buy a car that meets the old band A CO2 rules: www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tax/top-50-cars-in-tax-b...a