Do you think electric cars are putting buyers off internal combustion engine cars?

Do you think that Elon Musk's recent announcement that electric vehicles will soon be as cheap as internal combustion driven cars has destroyed the market for new cars? I have certainly been put off replacing my 2017 Hyundai i30 diesel because of this fear. Plus, there are certain nearby cities to me which either have restrictions on diesels or are threatening to do so.

Asked on 7 October 2020 by Christopher Ross

No - the majority of car buyers won't pay a great deal of attention to what Elon Musk has to say. You should buy a car powered by whichever fuel suits your requirements best - whether it's a diesel for long-distance motorway driving or an electric car for darting around town.