Do you have a minute to answer an electric vehicle survey? Start the survey | No thanks

Do I need an MoT during lockdown?

The MoT has just expired on my motorcycle. Assuming I want to ride it now, do I have to get the MoT carried out straight away? I've had the bike from new and it is now three yeas old but has only done less than 2000 miles. Thanks for your help.

Asked on 6 July 2020 by Ray K

The bike will need a valid MoT (plus tax and insurance) in order to take it on the road. But I'd check if the MoT has actually run out: www.gov.uk/check-mot-status

The MoT six month extension applies to all cars, motorcycles vans until 1 August - so it's likely to have been extended automatically: www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/coronavirus/2020-06/mot-...t