I need a spacious SUV or pick-up. Would my low mileage rule out a diesel vehicle?

I'm looking for a reliable 4x4 that has lots of storage. I mainly do quite low mileage so a DPF is a concern unless you can advise how I may manage this. I would be open to either and SUV or pickup but basically need plenty of space, good off-road capability and reliable. My budget is approximately £30,000 and I'd consider new or used.

Asked on 27 May 2020 by Darren Gough

Those low-miles will rule out diesel. The DPF will not take kindly to lots of short runs from cold: www.honestjohn.co.uk/what-is-a-dpf-and-does-your-c.../

If you plan to use the car off-road, you'll need a 4x4 with lots of ground clearance. Something like the Dacia Duster or Suzuki Vitara would be good options. Both are available with four-wheel drive and petrol power. They will also have a lot of boot space, too.