How should I protect the battery in my hybrid during lockdown?

How would one protect the batteries in a plug-in hybrid (PHEV) during a prolonged period off the road, three to six months - for example? Is there a suitable battery protection device such as the ones available for combustion vehicles' batteries?

Asked on 2 May 2020 by Paul

You do not need to do anything to the high voltage hybrid battery system. However, depending on which model of PHEV you have, it may be necessary to attach a charger to the 12V battery. For more information, see: www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/coronavirus/2020-03/how-...d