What reasonably-priced battery charger do you recommend?

What's a reasonably-priced battery charger for a Ford Kuga? I'm looking for one as a back-up during the current Covid-19 lockdown where the use of cars is restricted.

Asked on 9 April 2020 by JPSW

I'd have a look at Amazon and other online retailers to see what the best value options are with the highest ratings from customers. We recommend NOCO Genius and C-TEK chargers as they're very reputable, good quality and we've tested them, but they can cost a premium. Amazon often hosts deals, so the best value options change day to day. Just make sure you read your owner's manual before you undertake any charging. If you've not got a handbook, give customer services a ring. Manufacturers, for the most part, say they won't cover damage incurred by incorrectly charging batteries. Some carmakers flat out tell customers not to undertake battery charging outside of a workshop.

Read our battery charging advice and full outline of what carmakers are advising here: www.honestjohn.co.uk/coronavirus/coronavirus-will-.../