How do I tax a car without a valid MoT?

Car MoTs are suspended for six months. How do we tax the car without a current MOT? I cannot see it covered on the uk.gov website or find it online.

Asked on 27 March 2020 by Charing

If your MoT is due on or after 30 March then it will automatically be extended for six months. This means you can tax it as normal online or over the phone: www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/coronavirus/2020-03/coro.../

However, if your vehicle's MoT has already expired (or recently failed the test) you will be legally required to get a new MoT as normal or SORN the vehicle and store it away from the public road.

For more coronavirus motoring advice, see: www.honestjohn.co.uk/coronavirus/coronavirus-what-...s