Can I drive to an MoT test if the 6-month extension doesn't apply to my vehicle?

I have a classic car with an expired MoT. It was due in February so the six-month extension doesn’t apply. I had work and an MoT booked at a specialist garage for mid-April. This is some distance from home. In the current circumstances, am I alright to drive to and from the garage? The car is my regular summer transport.

Asked on 27 March 2020 by Ian Lindley

Answered by Keith Moody
Current Government advice is that yes you can travel to a pre-booked MoT - but only if it's essential.