Is the MoT extension only for those suffering from coronavirus?

Some clarification is required on the MoT exceptions. Is it that only those that are suffering from the virus may take advantage of the MoT extension. I'm 78 with no adverse medical history, do I still have to conform to the current MoT law?

The automatic six month MoT extension applies to all cars and vans from 30 March. It's designed to keep people at home for the lockdown and key workers on the road and at work. To see all of our coronavirus motoring advice, see: www.honestjohn.co.uk/coronavirus/coronavirus-what-...s