Will over 70s in isolation get a reduction on the price of their VED?

Cheeky question. Is it likely that those over 70, who've had to permanently park their cars for three months (or more) due to Coronavirus, will get a reduction on their car tax?

Asked on 24 March 2020 by SUE MCALLISTER

Answered by Dan Powell
Sadly not. However, if the car is off the public road, you can declare it as SORN and get a refund on the VED. You can then tax it again at a later date or drive it to a pre-booked MoT with valid insurance. For the latest coronavirus advice and information for car buyers and owners, see: www.honestjohn.co.uk/coronavirus/coronavirus-what-...s
Similar questions
I have read your various articles on storing a car during self-isolation (12 weeks in the case of my wife and me), and I note your recommendation about connecting a trickle charger. Please could you expand...
Will I be allowed to drive to the countryside alone, just for leisure, if I don't leave my car when there are other people about?
Our car MoT runs out on 3 April. We have to self isolate as my wife receives annual flu jabs. Will I be able to make essential food shopping journeys if I can't renew MoT, and will insurance be valid?

Value my car