What's the best way to remove moss stains from a car?

My white car lives outside and over time has developed a green stain on the guttering at the top of the rear hatchback door. The hinges and rubber pipes mean I can't get to it to clean it off. Do you know a spray that will remove it? I have also gained moss on the rubber seals at the base of the rear door windows and would appreciate advice on how to remove this.

Asked on 25 March 2020 by

Answered by Keith Moody
Hot soapy water and a lot of elbow grease is the best way to do this. You can probably get the worst off with a pressure washer but you'll need a toothbrush to get those hard to reach parts. Muc Off works well, but don't leave it on the rubber to long and make sure you use a rubber treatment gel afterwards. Once you're done, give the car a proper wax and polish and it should hopefully reduce the chances of the green stuff returning.
Tags: moss