Should I buy a Mazda CX-30?

I have a Mazda 3 (six years old next Feb.) and am very pleased with it on most counts. I am considering changing it for a higher vehicle for easier and more comfortable access. I am very taken with the Mazda CX-30 and Toyota C-HR. The Toyota has the attraction of a five year warranty, but I prefer the CX-30. I was wondering why Mazda only offers a three year warranty in the UK but a five year one in Australia. How do they justify such a policy on identically engineered vehicles? Has it something to do with the competition faced in the Australian market?

I can't answer for Mazda. Renault has just revived its five-year 100,000 mile warranty, same as Toyota. Hyundai offers five years unlimited mileage. KIA offers seven years limited to 100,000 miles. Nothing to stop you paying extra for an extended warranty. Not a single German based company offers more than three years, but then neither does Peugeot/Citroen/Vauxhall or Honda or Ford. The C-HR also has the attraction of a 2.0 litre self-charging hybrid drive and potentially around 55mpg: www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/toyota/toyota-c-hr.../ www.honestjohn.co.uk/road-tests/mazda/mazda-cx-30-.../