Blown turbo on Audi A3

About a year ago the turbo failed on my 62-plate Audi A3. It was replaced under warranty (it had one month left) and now the newer turbo has blown. The car has no warranty and has done 52,000 miles. Should this have happened? Do you think I should take it back to the garage and complain?

Asked on 2 December 2019 by BARRY GEORGE

The reason it will have failed will be that the turbo bearing oil feed and oil return pipes were not replaced, carbon will have built up in them and that will have restricted the oil flow to the bearing of the new turbo. Bad work by the garage that fitted the new turbo.