Have the issues with the Volkswagen 1.5 TSI engine been resolved?

My son is about to buy a new Skoda Superb with the 1.5 TSI engine and DSG transmission. Is the 1.5 TSI engine “kangaroo” issue fixed? And is the DSG fitted to this model a reliable one?

We've heard from a number of customers who have been told by dealers that updates are available but we've not been told anything official by Volkswagen Group. That said, it doesn't affect DSG models as much as manual models. The 1.5 is fitted with the DQ200 DSG gearbox which traditionally has been problematic, but we've not had many reports of issues of it in the Superb: www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/skoda/superb-2015/go.../