What should we replace our ageing Honda CR-V with?

We have 16-year-old, Honda CR-V. The car has been brilliant, virtually trouble-free, and very useful as we often have trips to the rubbish centre with garden waste. Sadly it's developing some problems which could be costly. I have a budget of £20,000 to spend on a replacement, what do you recommend?

A Suzuki Vitara represents excellent value for money, ought to be very reliable and your budget will get you a brand new one in mid-spec SZ-T trim. It's fairly practical but smaller than your CR-V. If you're happy to look second-hand, another CR-V would be a good choice, or a Kia Sportage.