Can mobile traffic enforcement cameras issue speeding fines?

I saw a traffic enforcement camera vehicle near a school with the council logo on the side. I heard these are monitor parking and issuing PCNs to those who park illegally near schools. Do these also issue speeding tickets?

They use automatic number plate technology to issue fines for parking contraventions (such as parking on double yellow lines) as well as moving traffic contraventions (such as stopping in box junction or driving in a bus lane). They can't be used to catch speeders, however.