Can I have my three year old car serviced privately without affecting the warranty?

I have a 2016 Ford Kuga which is due a major service at 31000 miles. Can I have it serviced privately without affecting the warranty?

Asked on 22 February 2019 by Delboy

In theory, under EU rules you can. In practice, it's unwise because any deviation from the correct manufacturer service using the correct tools (including diagnostic tools) and the correct fluids and parts, all of which have to be itemised on the invoice, could void the warranty. Also, of course, if there is a vital technical service update that would have been carried out during a Ford service you will miss it.