What documents do I need to send to the DVLA upon the death of someone who owns a car?

As well as advising insurance and breakdown companies, what documents would the DVLA require upon the death of a driver who owns a car?

Asked on 16 November 2018 by

Answered by Honest John
You will need the following details of the person who died. Date of birth, national Insurance number, driving licence number, vehicle registration number and passport number.
You’ll also need the details of any benefits or entitlements they were getting, for example State Pension, details of any local council services they were getting, for example Blue Badge, the name and address of their next of kin, the name and address of any surviving spouse or civil partner, the name, address and contact details of the person or company dealing with their estate (property, belongings and money), known as their ‘executor’ or ‘administrator’ and
details of any public sector or armed forces pension schemes they were getting or paying in to

This explains it all: www.gov.uk/tell-dvla-about-bereavement/
Tags: dvla documents
Similar questions
Recently I mislaid the Counterpart Driving license but still have my plastic card. I wrote to DVLA who have come back with forms for a completely new driving license plus request for £20. Is it not possible...
Any comment on the new legislation re all vehicles have to be taxed unless SORN'd? Scenario: I buy another car but have not yet sold my 'old' car. It's taxed & MOT'd and sat on the drive, not in use....
Can my employer say that I cannot return to work, due to the DVLA not sending back my HGV licence because of a problem with sight in my right eye? After phoning the DVLA they told me it was fine for me...

Value my car