Does my son need to be the registered keeper of a car I own to earn his own NCB?

I'm buying a vehicle on PCP. My son, who is 34 years old and has been driving for 17 years, is named on the insurance as the main driver. I would like him to start earning his own No Claims Bonus. Is it possible to make him the registered keeper and get him to take out insurance in his own name? If not, what would be the best way to proceed?

Asked on 23 August 2018 by

Answered by Tim Kelly
He does not need to be the registered keeper to insure the vehicle in his own name and acquire his own NCB.
Similar questions
I bumped another car whilst parking. No damage was done and neither party claimed but I lost four years of No Claims Dicsount. Is this fair?
If I have Protected No Claims Bonus with an insurance company but I then make a claim, what happens if I switch companies at renewal? Will the new company regard me as having no claims or do I have to...
Yesterday I had an accident with a cyclist. I was at fault; I went into the back of him at a junction on a roundabout. I expected him to move as I had seen the traffic was clear to my right, so I moved...


Value my car