What's the best way to prevent keyless entry car theft?

How can I protect my keyless entry car from being stolen?

There's lots of ways to prevent relay theft on keyless entry cars. The number one way is to stop the key being vulnerable by blocking the signal. Thieves use devices to amplify the signal from the keyfob in your home to a transmitter near your car, which essentially tricks your car into thinking the key is present. This allows the thieves to enter the car and drive away. Faraday bags are a good preventative measure, they work by blocking electromagnetic fields. This stops radio frequencies from being amplified, all you have to do is put your key in the little bag. However, there are also videos on youtube that explain how to make your own Faraday Bag using materials around your house if you don't want to spend anything. A Disklok is also a good, physical product to prevent vehicle theft.

We also awarded the Autowatch Ghost immobiliser our Safety and Security award this year. The Autowatch Ghost secures your car from key cloning, hacking and even key theft. It uses the buttons in your vehicle, like those on the steering wheel, doors and centre console, to allow you to make a unique PIN sequence that must be entered before you can drive your car. And there's an iPhone app that connects to your vehicle and allows you to get in and drive without having to enter the PIN code. But, at £400, it isn't a cheap solution.