If I service my new car at an independent garage - will I void the manufacturer's warranty?

My first service is due September 2019. I have previously used a local BMW Specialist. If I do so with my new vehicle, how do I stand legally with the three-year warranty?

Asked on 29 May 2018 by Edward John Potter

Not a good idea. To remain within warranty and benefit from all technical service updates you need to have your car dealer serviced at least every year or every 10,000 miles. If you go elsewhere and there is a problem, about which you attempt to make a warranty claim, you will need to prove conclusively by a highly detailed invoice that the independent serviced the car precisely to manufacturer standards.