Skoda Citigio - Skoda Citigio and water ingress - beanstalker

Hello,

I like the new Skoda Citigio, especially with the 75 bhp engine and 5 doors and am considering buying one. The problem is that I know several people who drive Skodas, various models and vintages and they all let water in. This is one of the most annoying things to have on a car in my opinion, in fact it would drive me crazy! I have had it on some cars I have owned and I never sorted it nor did any garages I tried. I would hate to change vehicle and find this problem. I would love to hear from any Citigio owners on this.

Many thanks.

Skoda Citigo - Skoda Citigo and water ingress - Avant

I've had two Octavias and neither has leaked: I haven't heard of this being a particular problem with Skodas, and in any case I think the Citigo is built in a different factory alongside the VW Up and SEAT MIi.

Edited by Avant on 27/01/2013 at 18:53

Skoda Citigo - Skoda Citigo and water ingress - Crasher

The only Skoda I know that leaks at all is the Superb 1 which suffers from the Audi A4/Passat plenum chamber drain issue that came with the design they inherited from VW, the Seat Exeo is already suffering from this problem. I have an Octavia and it is water tight as is every other Skoda I have ever come across. I have worked on VAG vehicles for 30 years I am put Skoda build quality above that of Audi, VW and then……………………………………………………………………………….Seat.

P.S. I drove a Citigo a few days ago, I was very impressed.

Edited by Crasher on 02/02/2013 at 20:54