Vauxhall Corsa - Vauxhall Fault Code P1614 HELP PLEASE - jamie17

Today when i pulled up at a level crossing, i turned the engine off and when the trains had passed, i tried to start the engine back up but it wouldnt fire. It just kept cranking and wouldnt fire. The orange spanner light was flashing and the pedal test showed P1614 error which i believe is to do with the key immobiliser? I hit the dials a few times and after about 5 minutes, the car started fine again and went. Then when i tried to start it again later, it was fine. Does anyone know what this is because i really dont want to get to the car one morning when i really need it and find it wont start? I hope its just the key and not the whole ECU :(

Vauxhall Corsa - Vauxhall Fault Code P1614 HELP PLEASE - 1litregolfeater

If your key is an original, it should just work. If it's a copy though, could be a dodgy transponder, or indeed, an imperfect way of copying.

Most key places like Timpsons will clone the key you give them, making the car open to theft, but to be done properly, it must be done via the ECU.

All previous keys deleted, new keys programmed.

Vauxhall Corsa - Vauxhall Fault Code P1614 HELP PLEASE - doofer

It is possible the immobiliser signal was just being 'swamped' by interference from the train or the signalling equipment.

Vauxhall Corsa - Vauxhall Fault Code P1614 HELP PLEASE - Victorbox

"It is possible the immobiliser signal was just being 'swamped' by interference from the train or the signalling equipment."

I agree - it's happened twice to our Zafira when parked near something giving off strong signal, like a mobile 'phone mast.