2002 Corsa 1.2 comfort - lorry drove into my car..slow insurance claim - rhifoxy

On the 4th of July a lorry drove into the side of my car causing me to spin and be pushed sideways up the road by him. Now this was 100% his fault; two lanes were merging into one (I was on the inside lane) and the lorry driver just tried to push in and caught the side of the car (by the petrol cap so I was very visible to him).

As I only have 3rd party fire and theft I have been claiming through AI claims and its taking ages for my cheque to arrive, the car has been inspected and written off. I've accepted the offer so I'm just waiting for his insurance to pay out; it seems to be dragging on now and even AI claims said that Aviva would have usually paid out by now, so i'm starting to worry,

He hasn't claimed against me but the first thing he said while I was being helped out of the car was "I didn't see you come up the inside of me" I didn't undertake at all, the traffic was heavy and slow moving. Is it possible that he hasn't reported it to his insuarance or is denying it or even blaming me?

Edited by Avant on 08/08/2011 at 23:03

2002 Corsa 1.2 comfort - lorry drove into my car..slow insurance claim - Dwight Van Driver

Could be he hasn't advised his Insurance Co.

If so your accident chaser hasn't anyone to claim off through Insurance and may well be the reason for dragging of heels.

You will have details of driver/owner of lorry so you may well have to persue a claim against them by civil action - Small Claims Court under £5000.. On receipt of your intention to act so they may well them invoke their Insurance Co.

dvd

2002 Corsa 1.2 comfort - lorry drove into my car..slow insurance claim - bonzo dog

Hi, a similar thing happened to me many years ago with a lorry. The driver denied liability but fortunately I had legal protection on my insurance.

Took over a year but the day before it was due to go to court, they (the lorry firm) changed their mind & their insurance coughed up

2002 Corsa 1.2 comfort - lorry drove into my car..slow insurance claim - rhifoxy

Well after a lot of digging today Ai claims finally admitted that the lorry driver isn't accepting liability there was a witness who at the scene said there was nothing I could have done and he was behind me at the time of the crash and he had to slam the brakes on to stop the back of the lorry hitting the front of his van, however he's taking his time sending the written statement in so I sent him a polite reminder today.

I'm also sending in photos of my car and his lorry after the accident which condradicts his claim as the point of impact on my car is very clear by the petrol cap which mean I was ahead of him so he should have seen me, also the damage to his lorry is all on the front bumper and lights on the passenger side whixh really doesn't fit with his side of the story as he would have damage to the side of his lorry. Anyway if he isn't liable why hasn't he claimed off my insurance???

I do have legal cover and at the moment they're processing an injury claim due to the fact that I sustained bad whiplash and some internal bruising. So i'm presuming I could chase it through that cover, I have no idea how though. Its just so frustrating that its now going to take so long.

The update is now that the witness is refusing to make a statement for either party (despite initially telling AI claims that it was the third party that was at fault) he says he's sick of being bombarded by insurance companies and won't be filling out any accident forms. So thats that!

So now its just my word against the lorry drivers AI claims said that they are still confident that I am not at fault and I should be able to claim the full amount of my car due to the photographic evidence I provided and the fact he hasn't claimed off my insurance (its been two months now)

Does anyone have any advice on how to speed the process up or get the lorry driver to actually admit liability as at the moment I'm feeling quite unhopeful about it all and I just want to drive a car thats mine :(