Nissan Primera P12 2.2 SE TD - Let down by my insurance company!! - Pricemills

My pride and joy Primera P12 estate was hit in the rear whilst parked, the car would not start EMS light on? Car was towed to the specified body shop for repair by the insurance company. Body work repaired the car was taken to a Nissan dealer who stated no faults were shown in the diagnostics and the engine has a serious fault with no compression on cylinders 1 and 3? Insurers have refused to investigate any further and the car being returned.

I cannot understand how my car can be parked up outside my house working perfectly well and then get hit in the rear by another car, suffer serious damage to the engine and the insurance company are refusing to even investigate?

The car has a tow bar fitted and is always left in gear (on a hill) could the impact transmit shock load directly through the transmission to the engine? The insurance company refused to explore further the reason for no compression in cylinders 1 and 3, cancelling my hired curtacy car and returning my broken car back to me. This situation has left me feeling rather bitter given I have two insurance policies with 9 years no claims on both demonstrating my integrity regarding false claims. An independant mechanic has found the camshaft to be snapped at the drive pully!! I believe that the car being hit in the rear hitting the tow bar that is connected directly to the chassis (bypassing crumple zones) has transmitted a shock load from the forced rotation of the front drive wheels to the transmission whilst connected to the engine in reverse gear. (always left in gear whilst parked on an incline outside of my house) The force of this load transmitted through the transmission in reverse gear has exerted forces in the reverse direction on the engine and given this is a chain drive and not a belt has snapped the camshaft at its weakest point. The car was working perfectly well before the accident. Has anyone got any comments to aid further my cause for complaint against this insurance companies decision???

Nissan Primera P12 2.2 SE TD - Let down by my insurance company!! - Chris M

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but the car should have been left in 1st gear if facing down the hill.

This sounds like a situation where you need expert help. An engineer to state what is likely to have caused the failure. Friends, neighbours or colleagues to state that the car was working fine immediately prior to the accident. And finally, a lawyer to write a cardboard letter to the Third party to show you mean business.