Parking Tickets In Own Residential Area - j.l.batchelor

Hi

My girlfriend has just received a £30 parking ticket where she lives outside her drive way. There isn't a residential parking scheme where you have a permit. If she's not working that day, she has to move her car so she doesn't get a ticket.

Can anyone help or explain how the council can do this?

Thank you

James

Parking Tickets In Own Residential Area - Armitage Shanks {p}
If she has been issued with a ticket

1. Who has issued it? Council or police? It may be unenforceable?
2. What signage is in place to say that parking is not permitted?
3. What do her neighbours and/or other residents do about parking?
4. Why doesn't she park on her driveway?
Parking Tickets In Own Residential Area - Dwight Van Driver

What is the heading of the ticket?

PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - Bin it and do not respond to any correspondence

PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE - has statutory authority and shopuld not be ignored. Any get out of jail will have to be based on lack of signage or admin.

dvd

Parking Tickets In Own Residential Area - wokinghamboy

I received a Penalty CN in a small outdoor car park in Reading. The officer was placing the ticket as I arrived. Due to gusty winds my ticket had flipped over on the dashboard. I showed him it had 1.5 hours left. I took his number, his photograph and he said I could appeal online, so I did. He also wrote notes in his book to agree with me.

The appeal has been denied and now I have to wait to go into default (non-payment) before I have another chance to make a challenge. The fine has then increased to £50 from £25.

What an absolutely transparent form of money making by Reading BC!

Has anybody else experienced anything like this and what did they do?

Parking Tickets In Own Residential Area - LucyBC
If he had started writing the ticket he cannot withdraw it. You are required to properly display so if it had flipped over then he has reasonable grounds to ticket you.

In turn you have reasonable grounds to challenge the ticket and if he made notes to support your case then there is a good chance that your challenge will be upheld.

You don't have to go into default. The process for challenging a ticket with the adjudicator should be fully explained to you fully in their rejection of your first appeal. If it was not please come back to me.

If you follow the procedures therein you will not be penalised if the adjudicator supports your case. You will be penalised with a higher fine (at the non-discounted rate) if you lose.