mazda mx5 - compensation/ faulty brakes - timmygg

i bought a secondhand mazda approved mx5 in jan, in june i had an accident which was deemed my fault the paid for the repair, when it came back it was due for an MOT. The car failed due to worn pads and a 40% imbalance in the front brakes. I think contributed to my accident. When i looked through the paper work i noticed on the check list that the only item not to have been checked off were the brakes. Could someone please let me know were i stand in all of this please.

thanks v much

mazda mx5 - compensation/ faulty brakes - ablandy

You need to clarify who you think should be compensating and who didnt tick it off on the checklist.

But my thinking on this is forget it. If the insurance co. thought there was something iffy with your brakes, they wouldnt have paid out. Your timescales are on the borderline of what is considered reasonable for warranty on a second hand car and brake pads are consumables after all. A lot can happen to them in 6 months.

You may THINK the accident was caused by your brakes, but can you PROVE it. If you can prove it (you cant, by the way!) you would still have a job to get compensation from anyone due to the time involved.