Odd problem - aj
My VW Golf Mk3 has developed an odd problem with the central locking system. A couple of days ago I noticed that the electric windows had stopped working. The window electrics are protected by an "automatic" fuse which cuts the current to the windows in the event of an overload (ie if the windows are frozen shut)and then resets itself after a few seconds. This fuse had become extremely hot, I removed it and left it to cool down. When I put it back in the windows started to work again. However, the central locking started to lock the doors repeatedly (not unlock only lock). The only way to stop it is to remove this fuse again. The bizarre thing is that with this fuse removed the central locking works perfectly normally when the key is turned in the door or the car locked with the remote, obviously the windows don't work at all with the fuse removed. Has anyone come across this problem before or got any suggestions? I would be grateful for any help as I would like to sort this out before the weather warms up!
Odd problem - Keith S
Problems like this are normally with components on the same fuse, as you seem to have.

Are there any loose or rusty wires on the components powered by the fuse.

I once had an company Astra and the radio fuse kept blowing. In the end the Vauxhall dealer put a much bigger fuse in. I then noticed the wiring to the light in the boot had completely melted (had a look when it, and the radio stopped working again.) All along it was just a chafing wire to the light in the boot, but the dealer couldnt see beyond the radio.

Maybe a bit off the subject, but you get the drift.