Skoda Yeti - Paint work issues - "fallout" on very new Yeti - lancastrian

On Friday 21st May I took delivery of my new Skoda Yeti.

By coincidence the car was seen by a VW trained mechanic who pointed out to me a problem with the paint work, initially in the boot area, which he described as "fallout" possibly from industrial or railway contamination whilst the car was transported across Europe.

I took the car back to the dealer today when the effect on the Red non metallic paint work appeared to be patchy but on all body panels including the roof.

The car has been in strong sunlight for all three days but the problem appears to have grown today.

It is noticeably affecting all surfaces and now showing this afternoon as "sparkly spots", which can just be felt, over virtually the whole car.

The dealer has yet to confirm what treatment will be carried out to the paint work but appears to be suggesting the use of Traffic Film Remover by an approved VW body shop.

My concern is
1. whether this will cure the problem
2. whether there is a better treatment and if so what
3. whether the paint will by now be so badly damaged that the problem cannot be cured --- I intend to keep the car for up to 10 years so I have long term concerns.

Any advice will be much appreciated -- Thanks

Skoda Yeti - Paint work issues - "fallout" on very new Yeti - Talking Hoarse

There is another potential issue - why did the dealer present the car to you when it wasnt looking right? After all, they cleaned and inspected and PDI'd the car. Can you trust them?

I bet they would have spotted the paint issues if they were buying the car from you.....

May be best to get professional advice on this in case you need to reject the car. Good luck.