Mitsubishi Outlander II - Rear disc corrosion on 2 year old car - Millssimon

the 2 year old car has just had its annual service and now completed 22000 miles, it is used daily for a mixture of short and longer runs and has been fine except for a loose handbrake which despite frequent tightenings has been a problem

the service have checked the rear brakes and confirmed that the discs externally have corroded and that potentially the internal corrosion is the cause of the handbrake issue. this is fine except they won't replace them as a warranty issue (3 year warranty). i bought the car a year old from the main dealer in bristol (part of the colt car company Uk) and feel that after 2 years this should really be covered as the car has not been anywhere that should have caused excessive corrosion.

can anyone advise me on what to do here?

Mitsubishi outlander ii - Rear disc corrosion on 2 year old car - Altea Ego

the disks are a consumeable item (like tyres) and unless they have a defect (ie warped) then they are not covered under warranty. Rust on disks is a wear and tear issue.

You only need water and salt to corrode disks wihc you find on any road any winter.

Not sure what you mean by internal corrosion.

Mitsubishi outlander ii - Rear disc corrosion on 2 year old car - bathtub tom

i would have thought your annual mileage was sufficient to keep the discs clear of rust. i wonder if you've got a sticky piston or two? could be tied in with your loose handbrake.

Perhaps it's worth taking it somewhere else, or even getting an Mot testing station to check it's braking efficiency?

i assume by internal corrosion you mean the inside face of the disc?