Rover 200 SDI Starter Prob !!! - Swebb
I've got a Rover 200 SDi and every now and again it doesn't turn the starter motor and I have to try for a while before it suddenly springs to life. I hear a slight click and thats it, the light don't dim. I've been told this is probably a solenoid problem or maybe faulty wiring somewhere.

Anyway the dealer is going to have a look at it in the next few days because they were messing around with the car a week or so ago looking for another problem and I know they disconnected a lot of the electrics at one point.

Anybody any idea's who does exchange starter motors if it comes to it and what kind of cost they are ? Myabe its the kind of thing places like halfords can do cheaper than a dealer !

No doubt rover will charge a fortune !!!!
Rover 200 SDI Starter Prob !!! - terryb
Sounds like a solenoid (or even just a loose connection!) to me - but hey, what do I know.

Depends where you are located - there used to be an excellent place in Guildford for all things auto electrical but I don't know if it's still there?

Is there a breaker's yard near you?
Terry
Rover 200 SDI Starter Prob !!! - Dave_TD
I would try checking the connections on the battery and the starter motor first.

See this current thread for more suggestions:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=4&t=82...9