94 1.8 Stolen immobiliser remote control - nemo79blu
Hi there,
few days ago someone stole my bag with my 1.8lt LPG/benzine ford mondeo "series 1" keys and immobilizer Remote Control. I've spare keys, but I've not the spare for the RC and I haven't any code (I bought the car used, 2 years ago). So at the moment I can't switch on the engine!! The immobilizer was Ford Original, built with the car. I rememer only that when I used to push the RC button a "click" was audible near the CAR RADIO. Does anyone know how to "disable" the immobilizer? Thanks in advance.
Nemo79blu from MILAN-ITALY

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 13/01/2010 at 11:01

94 1.8 Stolen immobiliser remote control - elekie&a/c doctor
The add-on Ford/Bosch immobiliser can be removed from this car by a competent electric techie.The control box is located below the radio ,infront of the gear shift.It is a black plastic box mounted on a metal bracket that is riveted to the floor.There are 3 circuits that need to be by-passed.hth
94 1.8 Stolen immobiliser remote control - bell boy
whats the 3rd circuit do elekie&a/c doctor?
I'm an Electrical Engineer, working in cable assembly industry. I think I've the ability to bypass it. Just I need to know where it was located and if there's any protection against the violation of the device. It seem's there isn't, isnt' it?
Many Thanks
94 1.8 Stolen immobiliser remote control - elekie&a/c doctor
OK,once you have accessed the unit disconnect the multi plug and discard the control box.Now looking at the rear of the plug,cable entry side,with the locking connector tab at the top,you need to connect pin 1and 3;2and5;7and 8.These are the 3 circuit breaks.The pins are numbered left to right,top row.hth
Many thanks. Now my car is functioning properly
94 1.8 Stolen immobiliser remote control - Robin the Technician
Excellent response....well done!!