cavalier screaming speedo - laboratoryqueen
i've got a cavalier gli, 2 litre h reg, guess that's 1990 - 1991, the speedo keeps screaming at me, doesn't matter whether it's from cold start or while driving at any speed, it just decides to start. really nasty grinding high pitched scream. had it into the garage and they can't say what's causing it. has any one got any ideas on what may be causing this screaming noise?

thanks
cavalier screaming speedo - steve paterson
Could be that your speedo is offended by being stared at and listened to all the time. On the other hand it might be that the brass bush on the back of the speedo head, into which fits the cable, is a bit dry.
cavalier screaming speedo - percy
...or the cable needs changing...I guess it has performed ok for the last 100,000 miles. Good luck.
cavalier screaming speedo - volvoman
Could it be your
driving ? ;-)
cavalier screaming speedo - laboratoryqueen
Nah, there are two lots of screaming in my car, the speedo and the other one coming from the general direction of my boyfriend, and that one is caused by my driving. But the stereo normally drowns his screams out,lol.

Thanks guys for the advice, gonna check that bushy thingymajig thing and the cable in the morning, (well a guy I know will cos I ain't got a clue what anything under the bonnet looks like)

Huggles
LQ