98 3.3 engine cutting out on decceleration - robhar
HI can anyone help? Auto gearbox has just been rebuilt now engine is 'lumpy' on tickover and stalls almost every time when I deccelerate. New plugs and leads fitted still the same. Went to Chrysler dealer they found no fault codes although they did emission test and CO is 6% and H/C is 2000 ppm. They recommend having gearbox removed and rebuilt again, something that the gearbox company is obviously reluctant to do as gearbox seems to be working fine. My question is can the gearbox electronics influence engine management in this way? By the way the gearbox co. had a similar model there at the time and tried changing Throttle body, map sensor and crank sensor all to no avail. Any help will be much appreciated Thank in anticipation Rob.
98 3.3 engine cutting out on decceleration - MerlinTec
Hi
Not likely a gearbox fault sounds more like an 02 sensor fault.
Thanks for your reply Merlin Tec. Wouldn't an 02 sensor fault up on Chryslers diagnostic equipment?
Hi
No not always as a DTC fault code. The tech needs to look at all the sensor readings not just for fault codes (that is not the diagnostics you pay for). Fault codes will only so up if out of spec but a sensor could still be faulty and not flag a DTC. Running that rich is should show up.
Thankyou Merlin Tec I'll get the 02 sensor checked out, easier than a gearbox rebuild! will let you know the outcome.

P.S I'm an engineer in a different field not familiar with the term DTC.
lol sorry chrysler term for fault code.
Hi Merlin Tec i've had the emissions checked again at an MOT testing station they are right on spec, the Chrysler dealers results must have been an aberration. The 02 sensor has also been checked and is also within spec, any other ideas? Thanks Rob
is the rev counter behaving itself? Did the dealer check the cam and crank sensors are in sink? Just wonder if the drive plate got damaged doing the box.