Back from LeMans - tack
So, back from my first ever visit to a motor race. How was it? Brilliant!

I fell in love with the Corvettes. The noise they make! Everytime they came round the track, the noise made me look in the sky for a WW11 fighter plane. The noise was primordial and visceral. The crowd loved them. I understand this year was the last one they will appear in. I was astonished also by how quiet the diesel cars were, and to be honest, they were not so exciting to behold.

I enjoyed standng at the bottom of the Mulsanne straight where they braked hard for the sharp r/h bend but still managed to overtake slower mortals within a fag paper distance of the bend.

I never want to see a Merguez sausage again! There wasn't much in the way of eye candy, and I think the ladies would feel the same way. Some pretty patterns made in chain link fences using beer bottles pushed through. Impressive numbers of empty beer bottles from small groups of people who are, to this day, probably still drying out!

We were away from the track and ensconced in our farm house within an hour of race finish.

Would I go again? Yes, yes and yes.
Back from LeMans - Dave_TD
I fell in love with the Corvettes

I've been once, in 2005 (the last non-diesel year) and felt exactly the same. You knew when the 'Vettes were passing from the noise alone, even from inside the tent!

Glad you had a good time tack, and what a first event to go to!

Would I go again? Yes, yes, yes and yes!

Dave TD
Back from LeMans - madux
I have been twice - once in 1980ish and once about ten years ago. Can't remember who won on either occasion but who cares?
Have been to the bike 24hrs about 20 times. The bikes actually race for the whole time.
Best memories; Ducati 600 Pantas out-breaking the the works Jap 900s and overtaking them on the outside of hairpin bends.
Waking on Sunday morning to find out Team Bike were in 2nd place and gaining 2 secs. a lap...........
Camping in the woods for 5 days and still getting served in restaurants afterwards.
Did you notice that French drunks always seem to collapse into the recovery position?