Bus lane etiquette - Carl2
Sat at a roundabout waiting to turn left. Near side lane (bus lane) had a bus going straight over. I was turning left and to my right was a lane going straight over the roundabout. The white line infront of me went straight from the kerb to the center of the road infront of all three lanes. Isn,t it usual for one of these lanes to be graduated in some way. who has priority? I should have thought that the middle lane are aproaching from the bus drivers right hand side on a roundabout but it was obvious buses (2) had no intention of even slowing down. I imagine it would be very easy for a driver watching the roundabout whilst turning left to be over/undertaken by a bus with dire consequences.
Bus lane etiquette - L'escargot
I don't understand some drivers' obsession with needing all the signs and lines that we get nowadays. When I learned to drive there were few signs or lines and everyone managed OK. Now I still manage OK, despite all the signs and lines. What I do is give priority to watching what the other traffic is doing, rather than looking at the signs and lines.

Edited by L'escargot on 04/06/2009 at 07:16