Kwik-Fit..outstanding customer service - Geordie1
I don't usually use Kwik-Fit outlets but today I had occasion to use my local Kwik-Fit for a 'slow puncture' problem on my spare wheel. On returning within a couple of hours the fitter informed me that they had fully tested the tyre and had replaced the valve. I saw that the tyre had been fitted with a new valve complete with core and cap and that the wheel had also been newly balanced. The fitter then re-placed the wheel into my car and amazingly told me that there was no charge for the service!

One big round of applause for Kwik-Fit on this occasion.
Kwik-Fit..outstanding customer service - ifithelps
I as after a couple of exhaust u-clamps for something non-motoring related I won't bore you with.

A lad in a local Kwik-Fit sorted out the right size and refused payment.

Edited by ifithelps on 13/01/2009 at 19:12

Kwik-Fit..outstanding customer service - Pendlebury
I have had similar experience with kwik fit in the past with a nail in the tyre.
They repaired free of charge.
I had the same problem the other week and immediately took it to kwik fit and just let them get on with it.
I was subsequently charged £17.50.
No complaints though - they did a good job and I will use them again although they do seem expensive for new tyres.

Edited by Pendlebury on 13/01/2009 at 19:26

Kwik-Fit..outstanding customer service - andyp
I had a tyre blowout (well i hit the kerb to be totally honest !) on a Sunday afternoon as i was leaving Birmingham on a 150 mile drive home, not liking the idea of the journey without a spare i called into a Kwik Fit i passed just before they were due to close and asked if they they had time to replace the knackered tyre, which they did, but they also insisted on swopping it back over with the spare and checking the tracking despite my saying that i would get it done when i got home as it was now past their closing time.

I know of several people who have had bad experiences with them, but on this occaision they were excellent !
Kwik-Fit..outstanding customer service - NARU
I had good service from the one in Chesterfield.
Kwik-Fit..outstanding customer service - bathtub tom
Sister-in-law had similar service at Rugby. They removed the wheel and tyre, hammered out the buckled rim and replaced it all at no charge.

I'm usually the first to knock them, but all this praise is making me seriously reconsider.

Kwik-Fit..outstanding customer service - zookeeper
Sister-in-law had similar service at Rugby. They removed the wheel and tyre hammered out the
buckled rim and replaced it all at no charge.

hammered out the buckled rim...nice people then?
Kwik-Fit..outstanding customer service - FocusDriver
Me too. Redhill branch. When my exhaust exploded they were almost too keen to please, but genuinely so. They showed me my old exhaust (which i recognised), asked me whether I wanted it (no, it's ok, you keep it), cheerily invoiced me for not much money and, after I'd paid, asked whether I wanted my tracking done for free. I should say so.

This was about 3 or 4 years ago.
Kwik-Fit..outstanding customer service - Rattle
We used them to replace a back box on my dads car. Got there wasn't in stock (despite being pre booked) told to become back in an hour. We did and then the job was done, its been 3 months now and its still working fine. Think it cost £49 all in, Nationwide wanted £70 and Ford wanted over £100. When they fitted it they didn't start saying the mid box has gone etc, they were honest.

I don;t think its an OEM Bossil one but it certainly does the job, but on a Fiesta it dosn't matter on some cars it does make a big difference if a pattern is fitted instead of OEM.

We used to always get pattern ones on the Punto as FIATs were too expensive but it always stuck out like a saw thumb.

Our best experience though is Event Tyres HQ in Stretford phoned them and asked if we coudl go to their fitting centre instead of them coming to us, they said yes that will be £5 off web prices then sir! Took the car staff were very helpful none of the usual "what do you want err mate" did the tyres. Then told my dad the tracking was only a tiny margin out so no point in it being done, he then asked my dad if he wanted a look underneath the car while its on the ramp.

Edited by Rattle on 13/01/2009 at 20:23

Kwik-Fit..outstanding customer service - Simon
Kwik-Fit seem to have a very strange business model looking at these occurances of free work, but at £17.50 for a puncture repair - that is extortionate in my book!
Kwik-Fit..outstanding customer service - David Horn
Doesn't seem a strange business model to me. Most of these people are likely to either return for new tyres etc and have all posted on an hugely popular UK motoring website about their good experiences. Worth it, I'd have thought, if I ran the company.
Kwik-Fit..outstanding customer service - Mr X
Paid £17.50 at least 3 times since last April. I took the wheel to them and picked it up. Looks like a mini cartel in operation in my area as every one charges exactly the same.
Kwik-Fit..outstanding customer service - martint123
Ditto. I was after a few stick on balancing weights to balance my motorcycle wheel.
Popped into local branch and was given a pocket full of assorted weights.

It's little things like this that stick in your memory when it comes to "Now where shall I get my new tyres from" (well for many folk I guess)
Kwik-Fit..outstanding customer service - oldtoffee
>>although they do seem expensive for new tyres.

Well yes if you take their first price as their final price. Internet search for the tyre you want from mytyres or blackcircles and ask Kwik Fit if they can match or get close and see what they say.

Kwik-Fit..outstanding customer service - DP
The only time I've used them recently was for an air-con regas on the Scenic back in the summer. No complaints at all - they were courteous, chatty and did a good job for a fair price. Can't ask for more than that really.

That said, they were £30 adrift *per tyre* compared to Blackcircles when I re-shod the Volvo last week.
Kwik-Fit..outstanding customer service - quizman
>>>Kwik-Fit..outstanding customer service

I thought that the above was an oxymoron until I read the mostly complimentary remarks.
They must have changed their attitude a lot since I went to one of their places. However, when I have priced up any tyres from them, they always seem too dear.
I do not see the sense in getting quotes from other companies and then going to KF, why not go to the best original quote. If everyone did this KF would have a monopoly, then think what they would charge.
Kwik-Fit..outstanding customer service - MVP
This is how you run a proper business, by treating your customers as long time clients, not just "rip them off once and move onto the next one"

A friend of mine is a shoe repairer - he often does small glueing/stitching jobs for free, it's called "Goodwill" , an old fashioned notion of "Service"

Many businesses today will need to use a dictionary to understand these words ;)

MVP
Kwik-Fit..outstanding customer service - Sofa Spud
My most memorable experience of Kwik-Fit was negative. I had to have a new tyre on holiday and I had the tracking done at the same time. After this I had horrendous tyre wear and terrible handling so when I got back from holiday I took the car to the nearest Kwik-Fit to my home. They said I could have damaged the tracking alignment by driving into a kerb (which I hadn't) or even by driving across a slope at an angle (!!!) and said they couldn't check it because their tracking equipment was faulty and being repaired!!!!! But they would not refund or replace.
I got the tracking checked at my local ATS (where I normally get my tyres done) and it was 8 degrees out!
Kwik-Fit..outstanding customer service - Alanovich
I've had a couple of punctures repaired for free at Kwik Fit in Reading (Richfield Ave branch). Each time I've given the lads a fiver for a couple of pints. And I keep going back there for MOTs and tyres when needed, even had a full service done there since. Nothing but praise for them from me.
Kwik-Fit..outstanding customer service - Captain Zetec

I think it depends on the particular branch. The guys at my local one are total muppets!

They incorrectly balanced one of my wheels and also managed to set up the tracking wrong. They kept insisting it was right (computer says no!), even though the shoulders were starting to wear on the front wheels and there was a definite vibration at 70.

Eventually got the independent mechanic I use to double check. Out of balance and far too much toe out! Was tempted to send them a bill for two front tyres. I have also since discovered that the mechanic sells and fits tyres for much less than kwik-fit, and also fixes punctures for £6. (£17.50 seems a bit steep!!)

Sorry to be so anti-quick fit but my experience was not good! Will not be back.

Kwik-Fit..outstanding customer service - Lucky 7

With some trepidation, I booked my Cavalier into a North London branch for new front brake pads a couple of years back. While their 'brake test' did show up worn rear shoes (despite the drums having been done recently) and corroded front discs, neither of which concerned the MOT tester six months later, they did complete the job in hand quickly - and then informed me that the pads were currently half price, costing me in total the princely sum of £30. I was pleasantly surprised!
Kwik-Fit..outstanding customer service - Andrew-T
>It's called "Goodwill" , an old fashioned notion of "Service"

.. and sometimes it just isn't worth raising the paperwork for a small job with hardly any consumables.
Kwik-Fit..outstanding customer service - Andrew-T
>Looks like a mini cartel in operation in my area as every one charges exactly the same.

I took a puncture to local ATS just before Christmas. Cost was a tenner for cash, £20 with card (I think it was a strange one-off during the slack period). I had no cash; manager said 'Pay me next time you're round' so I gave him his tenner next day. £17.50 seems a bit much.