Car park prang/incident - CountryBoy
Hey guys. Just wondering if you can give me some advice.

On Monday afternoon I unfortunately hit another car in a car park of a shopping centre and badly damaged the paintwork on the rear side bumper. I thought about waiting where I was, but I was blocking the road so went off to quickly find a place to park. I had no pen with me so didn?t take the Reg. However by the time I had done this and returned to the scene, the car had gone. Clearly, I want to compensate the driver for my poor driving and for the damage caused. I have emailed the car park management about the incident (and the car details of the car that I can remember) and they have said they have had no reports from the driver to them. I am going to the Police Station tomorrow morning (Wednesday) to report the incident.

Am I taking the right actions regarding the incident?
Is there any way you could suggest that could help me to find the driver?

Any feedback would be highly appreciated.

Edited by Pugugly on 29/10/2008 at 07:48

Car Park Prang/Incident - cheddar
I reckon that by informing the car park management you have done all you need to, informing the police is not necessary because it will not hlep find the other car and even if someone saw the incident and took your number and reported you to the police then you have it on record that you informed the management.
Car Park Prang/Incident - stjarna
Is the car park covered by CCTV? If so you could ask them to check the tapes...
Car Park Prang/Incident - Dwight Van Driver
Owing to the presence of a mv on a road

or other PUBLIC PLACE

an accident occurs and

damage caused to a vehicle other than that vehicle

the driver shall STOP

and if requested give his name and address,

name of owner and

vehicle details.

If he doesn't then should report to the Police as soon as practicable and in any case within 24 hours.

Section 170 RTA 1988.

He hasn't so to be lawful should report.

dvd
>>He hasn't so to be lawful should report.>>

Fair enough.

Car Park Prang/Incident - L'escargot
Place an advert in the local press.
Car Park Prang/Incident - Pugugly
or a note on the customer advertising board in the shop you just may prove to someone that there's still some honest people out there. DVD is quite right, not least from a compliance point of view but from looking after your own interests - for all you know someone else has reported the bump as a fail to stop and the Sword of Damocles is being sharpened.
>>the Sword of Damocles is being sharpened>>

While DVD is no doubt strictly correct surely the fact that the incident was reported to the car park management would ensure that the sword is not used in anger.
Car Park Prang/Incident - Pugugly
It may mitigate it, you're quite right.